We are pleased to invite you Saturday November 25th to the basket weaving workshop at the Hortus Urbis garden.
Every participant will bring home their own handmade basket. Does learning how to weave wicker and make a basket with your own hands in a single day seem impossible? It isn’t!
Hortus Urbis, in the Appia Antica Park, offers a course in which you will learn the basic techniques most commonly used in classical basketry by the old weaving craftsmen. A basket “Zarzo” will be made.
- Where: Hortus Urbis, via Appia Antica 42/50, Roma
- Cost: suggested donation 45,00 euro per person
- Schedule: from 10 am to 5 pm
- Sign up: by noon on Friday November 24th by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bring work clothes (or an apron) and a sack lunch
- Weaving materials and working tools (garden shears, a well-sharpened smooth-bladed knife) will be provided by the organizers
- Good manual skills required
The course will be activated with a number of 6 participants. Since the course is held outdoors, activities may vary depending on weather conditions.
See full program details: www.hortusurbis.it
Facebook: Hortus Urbis
SUPPORT HORTUS URBIS
HOW TO REACH US
Hortus Urbis at the former paper mill “ Cartiera Latina”, via Appia Antica, 42 /50 (near the fountain)
Bike: Cristoforo Colombo bike route and Circonvallazione Ardeatina.
Bus: 118 or 218 on the Appia Antica (Domine Quo Vadis stop); 30express, 714 and 715 on the via Cristoforo Colombo (Cristoforo Colombo/Bavastro stop or Cristoforo Colombo/Circonvallazione Ostiense stop) and then short walk along the Circonvallazione Ardeatina in the Scott Park.
Car: parking at via Carlo Conti Rossini, Largo Gavaligi, via Omboni, via Scott and surroundings and then short walk along the Circonvallazione Ardeatina in the Scott Park.