Sunday, October 6th, we are pleased to invite you to the outdoor autumn activities of the Hortus Urbis, the garden in the Appia Antica Park with solely ancient Roman plants.
At 11 am – FLOWER BULBS FEAST, by Hortus Urbis
Gardening with saffron! Children will plant the bulbs all together in the garden’s flowerbeds and in a pot to bring home and take care of.
- 4 years onwards
- Time: about 45 minutes
TO SIGN UP
It is strongly recommended to sign up with an advanced payment on line (8 euro per child or 6 euro with Carta amici del Parco) sending an email to email@example.com. Be sure to mention the preferred hour and send the email by 12 am of Friday October 4th. You will receive payment instructions. It is possible to sign up on the spot only for the remaining availability, without reservation, 10 euro per child payment on site.
Picnic area on site
In case of rain the activities will be post-poned
For information or brochure: http://www.hortusurbis.it
- Web: www.hortusurbis.it
- Facebook: Hortus Urbis
- Twitter: @zappataromana – #HortusUrbis
- Instagram: @zappataromana
SUPPORT HORTUS URBIS
- Become a Donor
- Become a volunteer
- Invite a School
- Swap the suit for a shovel
- Send us your idea for Hortus Urbis
HOW TO REACH US
Hortus Urbis at the former paper mill “Cartiera Latina”, via Appia Antica, 42 /50 (near the fountain)
- Bike: Cristoforo Colombo bike route turn to Circonvallazione Ardeatina then Appia Antica.
- Bus: 118 or 218 on the Appia Antica (Domine Quo Vadis stop); 30express, 714 and 715 on the via Cristoforo Colombo (Cristoforo Colombo/Bavastro stop or Cristoforo Colombo/Circonvallazione Ostiense stop) and then short walk along the Circonvallazione Ardeatina in the Scott Park.
- Car: on Sunday, parking at via Carlo Conti Rossini, Largo Gavaligi, via Omboni, via Scott and surroundings and then short walk along the Circonvallazione Ardeatina in the Scott Park. The other days parking at number 50