Sunday, May 12th, we are pleased to invite you to the special event in occasion of MOTHER’S DAY, the OPEN HOUSE 2019 and the APPIA DAY, at the Hortus Urbis, the garden in the Appia Antica Park with solely ancient Roman plants.
At 11 am – “UN GIARDINO PICCINO” | Little gardeners, in Italian by Hortus Urbis
We will make a Terrarium, a real miniature garden with all it needs, soil, plants and lots of love to take home for your mother and observe in time.
- Ages from 4 to 10
- Time: about 50 minutes
TO SIGN UP: It is mandatory to sign up to the free workshop on the OHR2019 website: https://www.openhouseroma.org/node/18607
In case of rain the workshop will be cancelled
Picnic area on site
- Web: www.hortusurbis.it
- Facebook: Hortus Urbis
- Twitter: @zappataromana – #HortusUrbis
- Instagram: @zappataromana
SUPPORT HORTUS URBIS
- Become a Donor
- Become a volunteer
- Invite a School
- Swap the suit for a shovel
- Send us your idea for Hortus Urbis
HOW TO REACH US
Hortus Urbis at the former paper mill “Cartiera Latina”, via Appia Antica, 42 /50 (near the fountain)
- Bike: Cristoforo Colombo bike route turn to Circonvallazione Ardeatina then Appia Antica.
- Bus: 118 or 218 on the Appia Antica (Domine Quo Vadis stop); 30express, 714 and 715 on the via Cristoforo Colombo (Cristoforo Colombo/Bavastro stop or Cristoforo Colombo/Circonvallazione Ostiense stop) and then short walk along the Circonvallazione Ardeatina in the Scott Park.
- Car: on Sunday, parking at via Carlo Conti Rossini, Largo Gavaligi, via Omboni, via Scott and surroundings and then short walk along the Circonvallazione Ardeatina in the Scott Park. The other days parking at number 50