Learn how to recognize wild plants and their uses, this is a way to grow awareness on nature and helps us to better understand our precious surrounding environment. During the walk we will learn about the plant’s virtues and what were their well known practical uses in older times, both culinary and for body care, that are often confirmed by modern studies today. Through ancient myths, legends and the plant’s simbolism we will discover the diverse aspects that tie humans to the natural world, to bring back the harmony with our planet.
Further, tips on how to start a small “orto dei semplici” beautiful and useful, to always have at reach those plants that are most helpful to us. Learn how to choose what to grow according to your necessities and where i twill be planted.
Lesson held by Valentina Petrioli, cultivator and herb forager, owner of the farm “I Semplici e le Selvatiche”, friend of Hortus Urbis.
- Where: Hortus Urbis, via Appia Antica 42/50, Roma
- Cost: suggested donation of 20,00 euro per person + 5,00 euro Carta Amici del Parco dell’Appia Antica
- june 1st 2019, from 3.30pm to 6.30pm
- Limited availability
Sign up: within 12 am of Friday May 31st or on the spot if availability: firstname.lastname@example.org
In case of rain the activities will be cancelled
- Web: www.hortusurbis.it
- Facebook: Hortus Urbis
- Twitter: @zappataromana – #HortusUrbis
- Instagram: @zappataromana
SUPPORT HORTUS URBIS
- Become a Donor
- Become a volunteer
- Invite a School
- Swap the suit for a shovel
- Send us your idea for Hortus Urbis
HOW TO REACH US
Hortus Urbis at the former paper mill “Cartiera Latina”, via Appia Antica, 42 /50 (near the fountain)
- Bike: Cristoforo Colombo bike route turn to Circonvallazione Ardeatina then Appia Antica.
- Bus: 118 or 218 on the Appia Antica (Domine Quo Vadis stop); 30express, 714 and 715 on the via Cristoforo Colombo (Cristoforo Colombo/Bavastro stop or Cristoforo Colombo/Circonvallazione Ostiense stop) and then short walk along the Circonvallazione Ardeatina in the Scott Park.
- Car: on Sunday, parking at via Carlo Conti Rossini, Largo Gavaligi, via Omboni, via Scott and surroundings and then short walk along the Circonvallazione Ardeatina in the Scott Park. The other days parking at number 50