This course aims to provide theoretical and practical knowledge on horticultural and ornamental cultivation techniques for who wants to start a garden.
- Saturday, 02/18/2017 from 10.00am to 1.00pm – CLASSROOM + OUTDOOR 1. Topic: introduction + soil + flowerbed arrangement
- Saturday, 03/11/2017 from 10.00am to 1.00pm – CLASSROOM + OUTDOOR 2. Topic: intercropping, sowing in pot and
- Saturday, 04/01/2017 from 10.00am to 1.00pm – OUTDOOR 3
- Saturday, 04/22/2017 from 10.00am to 1.00pm – CLASSROOM + OUTDOOR 4. Topic: transplanting, plant’s maintenance I; ancient irrigation methods before modern irrigation plants
- Saturday, 05/06/2017 from 10.00am to 1.00pm – OUTDOOR 5
- Saturday, 05/27/2017 from 10.00am to 1.00pm – CLASSROOM + OUTDOOR 6. Topic: plant’s maintenance II, diseases and remedies for parasites
The lessons are held by Enrico Lazzari agronomist, friend of the Hortus Urbis, expert in natural horticulture and ornamental gardening
- Address: Hortus Urbis, via Appia Antica 42/50, Rome
- Fee: Suggested donation of 35.00 € for person + € 5.00 Carta Amici del Parco dell’Appia Antica.
- Free placements reserved to 5 teachers.
- Limited availability
- Outdoor parking
- Indoor lectures followed by outdoor hands-on gardening in the Hortus Urbis
- In case of rain the outdoor activities will be post-poned
HOW TO REACH US
Hortus Urbis at the former paper mill “ Cartiera Latina”, via Appia Antica, 42 /50 (near the fountain)
Bike: Cristoforo Colombo bike route and Circonvallazione Ardeatina.
Bus: 118 and 218 on the Appia Antica (Domine Quo Vadis stop) or 30express, 714 and 715 (Cristoforo Colombo/Bavastro stop or Cristoforo Colombo/Circonvallazione Ostiense stop) and then short walk along the Circonvallazione Ardeatina in the Scott Park.
Car: parking at via Carlo Conti Rossini, Largo Gavaligi, via Omboni, via Scott and surroundings and then short walk along the Circonvallazione Ardeatina in the Scott Park.