Sunday, November 24th, we are pleased to invite you to the outdoor autumn activities of the Hortus Urbis, the garden in the Appia Antica Park with solely ancient Roman plants.
At 10,00 am “AMICI ALBERI”, by Hortus Urbis
Let’s plant trees to make roots for the future! A simple activity but extremely precious because trees are our best ally against climate change, to protect them means also to protect their territory and the species living in it. For the National Tree Day, every child will give her/his contribution: planting their own tree to take home and take care of and learn how long it takes to become a big tree.
TO SIGN UP
It is strongly recommended to sign up with an advanced payment on line (10 euro per child or 8 euro with Carta amici del Parco) sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to mention the preferred hour and send the email by 12 am of Friday November 22nd. You will receive payment instructions. It is possible to sign up on the spot only for the remaining availability, without reservation, 10 euro per child payment on site.
In case of rain the workshop will be cancelled.
For information: email@example.com
- Web: www.hortusurbis.it
- Facebook: Hortus Urbis
- Twitter: @zappataromana – #HortusUrbis
- Instagram: @zappataromana
SUPPORT HORTUS URBIS
- Become a Donor
- Become a volunteer
- Invite a School
- Swap the suit for a shovel
- Send us your idea for Hortus Urbis
HOW TO REACH US
Hortus Urbis at the former paper mill “Cartiera Latina”, via Appia Antica, 42 /50 (near the fountain)
- Bike: Cristoforo Colombo bike route turn to Circonvallazione Ardeatina then Appia Antica.
- Bus: 118 or 218 on the Appia Antica (Domine Quo Vadis stop); 30express, 714 and 715 on the via Cristoforo Colombo (Cristoforo Colombo/Bavastro stop or Cristoforo Colombo/Circonvallazione Ostiense stop) and then short walk along the Circonvallazione Ardeatina in the Scott Park.
- Car: on Sunday, parking at via Carlo Conti Rossini, Largo Gavaligi, via Omboni, via Scott and surroundings and then short walk along the Circonvallazione Ardeatina in the Scott Park. The other days parking at number 50