Sunday, March 17th, we are pleased to invite you to the outdoor Spring activities of the Hortus Urbis, the garden in the Appia Antica Park with solely ancient Roman plants.
At 11 am – SOIL! |Little gardner, by Hortus Urbis
We will discover how to “make” the soil and “what to do” with the soil. We will get our hands dirty in the garden, finally every child will bring home its own bit of soil with a plant to take care of.
- Ages 4 to 10
- Time: about 50 minutes
TO SIGN UP
It is strongly recommended to sign up with an advanced payment on line. Every workshop costs 10 euro per child (8 euro with Carta amici del Parco). To sign up send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday March 15th at 12am. You will receive payment instructions. It is possible to sign up on the spot only for the remaining availability 10 euro per child payment for everyone.
Picnic area on site
For information: email@example.com
- Web: www.hortusurbis.it
- Facebook: Hortus Urbis
- Twitter: @zappataromana – #HortusUrbis
- Instagram: @zappataromana
SUPPORT HORTUS URBIS
- Become a Donor
- Become a volunteer
- Invite a School
- Swap the suit for a shovel
- Send us your idea for Hortus Urbis
HOW TO REACH US
Hortus Urbis at the former paper mill “Cartiera Latina”, via Appia Antica, 42 /50 (near the fountain)
- Bike: Cristoforo Colombo bike route turn to Circonvallazione Ardeatina then Appia Antica.
- Bus: 118 or 218 on the Appia Antica (Domine Quo Vadis stop); 30express, 714 and 715 on the via Cristoforo Colombo (Cristoforo Colombo/Bavastro stop or Cristoforo Colombo/Circonvallazione Ostiense stop) and then short walk along the Circonvallazione Ardeatina in the Scott Park.
- Car: on Sunday, parking at via Carlo Conti Rossini, Largo Gavaligi, via Omboni, via Scott and surroundings and then short walk along the Circonvallazione Ardeatina in the Scott Park. The other days parking at number 50