Want to learn how to obtain natural colours from dyeing plants and prepare long lasting pigments to use for painting?
On this one day course you can! The course is held by Carlo Ferrara, chemical engineer founder of “Nila Colori”, natural pigment and watercolour producer in Lecco. For the occasion Gioia Marchegiani painter and illustrator will be present too.
During the morning we will learn and see how to prepare a red pigment extracted from madder roots. Instead in the afternoon, starting from a previously prepared powder pigment, each one, with a kitchen mortar, will make its own watercolour and then paint, grinding the pigment with a gum Arabic solution.
- Where: Hortus Urbis, via Appia Antica 42/50, Roma
- Cost: suggested donation of 35,00 euro per person + 5,00 euro Carta Amici del Parco dell’Appia Antica
- Schedule: from 9,00 am to 5,00 pm
- To sign up: by Wednesday May 16th at 12 am: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bring your lunch and a mortar
- All materials will be supplied
- Limited number of participants
Twitter: @zappataromana – #HortusUrbis
HOW TO REACH US
Hortus Urbis at the former paper mill “ Cartiera Latina”, via Appia Antica, 42 /50 (near the fountain)
Bike: Cristoforo Colombo bike route and Circonvallazione Ardeatina.
Bus: 118 on the Appia Antica (Domine Quo Vadis stop) or 30express, 2018, 714 and 715 (Cristoforo Colombo/Bavastro stop or Cristoforo Colombo/Circonvallazione Ostiense stop) and then short walk along the Circonvallazione Ardeatina in the Scott Park.
Car: parking at via Carlo Conti Rossini, Largo Gavaligi, via Omboni, via Scott and surroundings and then short walk along the Circonvallazione Ardeatina in the Scott Park.