“CORSO DI GIARDINAGGIO PRATICO”
How to take care of a garden
8th Edition – Spring
This course aims to provide theoretical and practical knowledge on horticultural and ornamental cultivation techniques for who wants to start a garden.
- Saturday, 02.24.2018 from 10.00am to 1.00pm – CLASSROOM + OUTDOOR . Topic: introduction + soil + flowerbed arrangement
- Saturday, 03.10.2018 from 10.00am to 1.00pm – OUTDOOR
- Saturday, 03.24.2018 from 10.00am to 1.00pm – CLASSROOM + OUTDOOR. Topic: intercropping, sowing in pot and soil
- Saturday, 04.07.2018 from 10.00am to 1.00pm – OUTDOOR
- Saturday, 04.21.2018 from 10.00am to 1.00pm – CLASSROOM + OUTDOOR. Topic: transplanting, plant’s maintenance I; ancient irrigation methods before modern irrigation plants
- Saturday, 05.01.2018 from 10.00am to 1.00pm – OUTDOOR
- Saturday, 05.26.2018 from 10.00am to 1.00pm – CLASSROOM + OUTDOOR. Topic: plant’s maintenance II, diseases and remedies for parasites
The lessons are held by Enrico Lazzari agronomist, friend of the Hortus Urbis, expert in natural horticulture and ornamental gardening.
- Address: Hortus Urbis, via Appia Antica 42/50, Rome
- Fee: Suggested donation of 60.00 € for person + € 5.00 Carta Amici del Parco dell’Appia Antica.
- Free placements reserved to 5 teachers.
- Limited availability
- Outdoor parking
- Indoor lectures followed by outdoor hands-on gardening in the Hortus Urbis
- In case of rain the activities will be post-poned
How we will spend your donation:
- We’ll buy materials and plants for the course activities
- We’ll buy materials and plants for the maintenance and improvement of the Hortus Urbis
- We’ll support projects for green areas in Rome. Course participants will take part in the decision of the projects to be supported.
FOR INFORMATION OR TO SIGN UP: email@example.com – www.hortusurbis.it
Twitter: @zappataromana – #HortusUrbis
HOW TO REACH US
Hortus Urbis at the former paper mill “ Cartiera Latina”, via Appia Antica, 42 /50 (near the fountain)
Bike: Cristoforo Colombo bike route and Circonvallazione Ardeatina.
Bus: 118 on the Appia Antica (Domine Quo Vadis stop) or 30express, 2018, 714 and 715 (Cristoforo Colombo/Bavastro stop or Cristoforo Colombo/Circonvallazione Ostiense stop) and then short walk along the Circonvallazione Ardeatina in the Scott Park.
Car: parking at via Carlo Conti Rossini, Largo Gavaligi, via Omboni, via Scott and surroundings and then short walk along the Circonvallazione Ardeatina in the Scott Park.