“CORSO DI GIARDINAGGIO PRATICO”
How to take care of a garden
8th Edition – Spring
This course aims to provide theoretical and practical knowledge on horticultural and ornamental cultivation techniques for who wants to start a garden.
- Saturday, 02.24.2018 from 10.00am to 1.00pm – CLASSROOM + OUTDOOR . Topic: introduction + soil + flowerbed arrangement
- Saturday, 03.10.2018 from 10.00am to 1.00pm – OUTDOOR
- Saturday, 03.24.2018 from 10.00am to 1.00pm – CLASSROOM + OUTDOOR. Topic: intercropping, sowing in pot and soil
- Saturday, 04.07.2018 from 10.00am to 1.00pm – OUTDOOR
- Saturday, 04.21.2018 from 10.00am to 1.00pm – CLASSROOM + OUTDOOR. Topic: transplanting, plant’s maintenance I; ancient irrigation methods before modern irrigation plants
- Saturday, 05.01.2018 from 10.00am to 1.00pm – OUTDOOR
- Saturday, 05.26.2018 from 10.00am to 1.00pm – CLASSROOM + OUTDOOR. Topic: plant’s maintenance II, diseases and remedies for parasites
The lessons are held by Enrico Lazzari agronomist, friend of the Hortus Urbis, expert in natural horticulture and ornamental gardening.
- Address: Hortus Urbis, via Appia Antica 42/50, Rome
- Fee: Suggested donation of 60.00 € for person + € 5.00 Carta Amici del Parco dell’Appia Antica.
- Free placements reserved to 5 teachers.
- Limited availability
- Outdoor parking
- Indoor lectures followed by outdoor hands-on gardening in the Hortus Urbis
- In case of rain the activities will be post-poned
How we will spend your donation:
- We’ll buy materials and plants for the course activities
- We’ll buy materials and plants for the maintenance and improvement of the Hortus Urbis
- We’ll support projects for green areas in Rome. Course participants will take part in the decision of the projects to be supported.
HOW TO REACH US
Hortus Urbis at the former paper mill “ Cartiera Latina”, via Appia Antica, 42 /50 (near the fountain)
Bike: Cristoforo Colombo bike route and Circonvallazione Ardeatina.
Bus: 118 on the Appia Antica (Domine Quo Vadis stop) or 30express, 2018, 714 and 715 (Cristoforo Colombo/Bavastro stop or Cristoforo Colombo/Circonvallazione Ostiense stop) and then short walk along the Circonvallazione Ardeatina in the Scott Park.
Car: parking at via Carlo Conti Rossini, Largo Gavaligi, via Omboni, via Scott and surroundings and then short walk along the Circonvallazione Ardeatina in the Scott Park.