Sunday, September 25th, we are pleased to invite you to the outdoor autumn activities of the Hortus Urbis, the garden in the Appia Antica Park with solely ancient Roman plants.
After the summer’s break the Hortus Urbis opens and the Sunday kids workshops are back with arts and crafts; passionate or beginner gardeners and horticulturists can join the Seed and Plant Swap VIII edition at Hortus Urbis. A tradition that optimizes production, cultivation of your own garden, helps preserve and disseminate the old varieties and biodiversity.
From 10 am to 12 am – THE BIG DRAW: WATERCOLOR IN THE GARDEN FOR ADULTS AND KIDS, Master of Drawing Gioia Marchegiani
Observing flowers and plants, knowing their shapes by drawing and painting them with watercolors following your own personal inspiration. Paper to draw and paint will be offered by FABRIANO promoter of the Italian edition of the Design Festival The Big Draw. Places available are limited, please book your place in advance.
- At 10 am to 11 am ADULTS (16+) – completed, only booking for the waiting list
- At 11 am to 12 am CHILDREN (years 6-11) – completed, only booking for the waiting list
- Book online with an email to firstname.lastname@example.org until Friday 23rd at 12am.
- Cost: free
- Bring watercolors, paintbrushes, stool and hat
- Info: http://www.marchegiani.com/workshop/the-big-draw/
From 10,30 am to 12,30 am – “UN ORTO DI LIBRI”, by Cristiana Pezzetta
A reading corner on nature, in Italian, with a children’s book writer. Come look at our books, listen to one story or more.
- All ages from 4
- Cost: free
At 11 am and at 11,30 am – LITTLE GARDENERS, by Hortus Urbis
Children will experiment the emotion of hands in earth: everyone will plant the seeds, let them rest until Spring and come back to see the sprouts in the garden.
- Age 4 onward
- Time: about 30 minutes
- Book online with email to email@example.com until Friday 23rd at 12am. Posti solo in lista di attesa. Completed, only booking for the waiting list
- Cost: free
- Bring a hat and wear working clothes
At 12 am until 1 am – SEED AND PLANT SWAP
Passionate gardeners and horticulturists or beginners can join the Seed and Plant Swap VIII edition at Hortus Urbis. A tradition that optimizes production, cultivation of your own garden, helps preserve and disseminate the old varieties and biodiversity.
- No booking needed
- Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
At 12 am until 1 am - TAI-CHI – Qi Gong free lesson introductory to Tai chi chuan
- Booking and info: email email@example.com mobile 366/5455984
- Cost: free lesson. 10 euro following lessons
- Schedule of the next lessons: every Saturday on October (1st, th7, 15th, 2nd2) at 11 until 12
Pic nic and snacks by EU’s from 12am
- Info menu and fares: firstname.lastname@example.org
Picnic area on site
In case of rain the activities will be post-poned
For information or brochure: http://www.hortusurbis.it
How to reach us
Hortus Urbis at the former paper mill “ Cartiera Latina”, via Appia Antica, 42 /50 (near the fountain)
Bike: Cristoforo Colombo bike route and Circonvallazione Ardeatina.
Bus: 118 and 218 on the Appia Antica (Domine Quo Vadis stop) or 30express, 714 and 715 (Cristoforo Colombo/Bavastro stop or Cristoforo Colombo/Circonvallazione Ostiense stop) and then short walk along the Circonvallazione Ardeatina in the Scott Park.
Car: parking at via Carlo Conti Rossini, Largo Gavaligi, via Omboni, via Scott and surroundings and then short walk along the Circonvallazione Ardeatina in the Scott Park.