Sunday, May 8th, #AppiaDay, we are pleased to invite you to the outdoor autumn activities of the Hortus Urbis, the garden in the Appia Antica Park with solely ancient Roman plants.
At 11 am and at 12 am – “CHI SPUNTA TRA LE FOGLIE?” | Workshop for kids in Italian, by StudioArturo
Let’s have fun together and give life to the invisible gnomes that wander in the garden. At the beginning it will be all white but with just a bit of color … a magic trick with pens and paint their presence around us will be revealed.
- Ages 3/10. Small kids preferably accompanied
- Time: about 50 minutes
- Registration: 15 minutes before the beginning of the workshop
- Sign up on line by 1 pm of Friday, May 6th, at email@example.com or on site until availability.
- 8 euro per child advanced payment on line (6 euro with Carta amici del Parco)
- 10 euro per child payment on site (8 euro with Carta amici del Parco)
In case of rain the activities will be post-poned
For information or brochure: http://www.hortusurbis.it
Picnic area on site
How to reach us
Hortus Urbis at the former paper mill “ Cartiera Latina”, via Appia Antica, 42 /50 (near the fountain), Rome. Link to Hortus Urbis.
Bike: Cristoforo Colombo bike route and Circonvallazione Ardeatina.
Bus: 118 and 218 on the Appia Antica (Domine Quo Vadis stop) or 30express, 714 and 715 (Cristoforo Colombo/Bavastro stop or Cristoforo Colombo/Circonvallazione Ostiense stop) and then short walk along the Circonvallazione Ardeatina in the Scott Park.
Car: parking at via Carlo Conti Rossini, Largo Gavaligi, via Omboni, via Scott and surroundings and then short walk along the Circonvallazione Ardeatina in the Scott Park.